I love reading other blogs. Especially ones that entertain me with inventive and fun posts about movies. So color me surprised and tickled green (I hate pink), when back in February, one of my fave blogs nominated me for a Liebster Award. What is a Liebster Award? Well, I am glad you asked. Essentially this is an award sent out to honor and bring recognition (and hopefully new readers) to blogs that other bloggers truly enjoy.
So first off, let me send out a HUGE THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT to Cara Gale of Silver Screen Serenade. I am sorry it took so long to thank you and accept.
Second, here are the rules:
- The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions.
- When you are nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
If I nominate someone, don’t feel as if you have to do this. This is voluntary only.
So, here are the questions from Cara and my answers. Cara asked me what my favorites are.
1. Vacation spot? Gatlinburg, TN
2. Color? Olive Green
3. Dessert? Anything Chocolate, or any cupcake or cake from Piece of Cake Bakery in Dunwoody, GA.
4. Black-and-white movie? Metropolis
5. Superhero? Batman and Wolverine
6. TV show? Way too many to name, but Game of Thrones, Scandal, Mythbusters, Arrow and Midsomer Murders top the list.
7. Book? Beowulf, A Brave New World, The Phantom of the Opera and The Count of Monte Cristo
8. Beatles song? A Hard Day’s Night (because my Grandmother, Sarah Belle Harris-Robinson used to sing it a lot.)
9. Dog breed? Pug!! I love Pugs!! I wish I could have one (alas my allergies say no).
10. Beverage? Water and Rum (not together of course).
11. Nerdy franchise (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, etc.)? Marvel and Dr. Who.
And now for my nominees!
- Playing In The Past
- Adam Loredo’s Spot
- Oliver Buckram
- Teoppoet–poetteo|Andres Rojas
- Find The Pieces
- Superhero’s Asia
- Samantha Geary
- S.C. Skillman Blog
- George Spigot’s Blog
- The Writers Desk
- The Forced Mind
Now for the questions. What is/are your favorite:
- Place to write?
- Movie snack?
- Favorite Season?
- Place to watch movies? Home/Drive-In/Movie Theater?
- Place to be inspired?
- Musical Instrument?
- Childhood Memory?
- Guilty pleasure food?
Again, major thanks to Cara Gale (I love her name) for the awesome nomination.
Don’t forget to tune in tomorrow as I introduce you to yet another of my favorite poets for National Poetry Month, the awesome Mr. Collin Kelley.
“If you’re going to fall out of love with public approval, something interesting will happen: people will be deeply attracted to your work.”
― Jeff Goins