As I sit here typing this post, I’m a bit giddy.
I have a list of blogs that I read on a weakly basis. They are only blogs written by people who entertain, enlighten or make me laugh. If you look at my blogroll, you’ll see who some of them are.
That said, one of my favorite new blogs, The Verbal Spew Review, has nominated me for:
Many thanks V for the nod and respect. You rock chic and should be in major syndication!
Essentially, this award is one that is shared by bloggers who appreciate other bloggers. This blog award was started by, well, I don’t know who. However, it is a “chain letter award” which has been going on now for quite awhile. When you win it, the only thing you receive is the respect of the person who sent it to you and perhaps a few extra persons to check out your blog and like it.
That’s well worth it to me.
In return, you the recipient “pay it forward” to other bloggers whom you think are the dog’s bark (or cat’s meow if you’re a cat person).
So, in keeping with the stipulations of the reward, I am nominating the following blogs (not 15 because I don’t read that many). And just to let you all know, I realize that not everyone will respond to this, nor want to accept it. And that’s OK. You don’t have to. Just see this as my way of honoring you for the hard work you put into your blog each week.
So without further ado (drum roll), I nominate:
- The Archeologist’s Guide To The Galaxy
- Musings Of A Grumpy Old Engineer
- Science Fiction and Other Suspect Ruminations
- Doug’s Darkworld
- Stories By Williams
- World Of Science Fiction and Horror Blog
- J.W. Hankins SCRIBEREGLYPH
Now for the second part of the award. I have to give 7 pieces of information about me that V and the rest of you don’t know.
Want to hear about it? Here it goes.
- Elvis Presley is my favorite male singer. My parents hid his death from me for 4 years. When I found out, I didn’t speak to them for several hours.
- When I’m depressed, I like to watch “Office Space”, “The Fifth Element”, “Star Trek 2009 & Star Trek Into Darkness” and Dr. Who with David Tennant and Catherine Tate to cheer me up.
- After my mother saw “Empire Strikes Back”, she nicknamed me Yoda, because I’m the shortest in our immediate family and I have a small nose like Yoda.
- I binge out on “Mythbusters” while eating popcorn and drinking Red Pop and/or Gatorade. Stuff goes boom, makes me happy.
- I’m addicted to Sargento’s Pepper Jack cheese sticks.
- I’m a chocoholic.
- I am absolutely, positively terrified of spiders and will probably never write a story featuring them.
So there’s a bit about me. And again, a huge thank you to V of The Verbal Spew Review for her thoughtful nomination.
See you next week for my 2nd to last blog of the year. Until then:
- Awards Mega-Post & Virtual Smooches (verbalspew.wordpress.com)
- Writer Wednesday: Author/Poet Y.I. Washington (1929blog.wordpress.com)
- A Poetic Interlude (yiwashington.com)